It feels like only yesterday we wrote a post with ”4 basic tips for wearing a suit in the summer” and we are already approaching the last moth of autumn. Time flies and the cold season brings with it another question: What should we wear during the cold season to accentuate our business look?
Here are our suggestions:
1. Blazers – will help you keep a professional look and they are perfect for cold days. They can be easily match with any shirt, jeans or trousers.
2. Wool ties are not necessarily going to keep you warmer but they are a perfect choice for the cold season. Colours of rust, burgundy and olive greens can really make an impression.
3. Vests – another chic piece of clothing. Not all the men like wearing them but for those who do, we have 2 tips: When wearing a suit the vest needs to match the fabric of your suit. If dressing casually, a vest with trousers and an unbuttoned shirt is perfect.
4. The trousers – a pair of charcoal/grey flannel suit trousers look great throughout the colder months and will add some much-needed character and texture to your office attire.
5. Shoes – here you won’t need something too different from what you wear the rest of the year. Choose a pair of black Derbies, chocolate brown Oxfords or brown boots and you can’t go wrong.
We hope that you found our advice helpful. If you have any tips on dressing for a business environment please leave them in the comment section below.