”When you wear a bow tie, doors open for you. Your posture is a little more erect; your shoulders are a little further back; your style is a little more dynamic. It’s about the reestablishment of the gentleman”- Dhani Jones.
”A well tied tie is the first serious step in life”- Oscar Wilde.
Probably one of men’s biggest debate when it comes to attending events is if to wear a necktie or a bowtie. We hope to come in your help with a list of occasions on which to wear each of them.
Neckties are appropriate to wear at almost any events but the following are some of the most popular:
- Religious ceremonies
- Job interviews
- Important business meetings
Events where it is suitable for you to wear a bowtie:
- Weddings – preferably to wear black bow tie
- Opera- for a classy look
- Networking events – can be a perfect conversation starter
- At your work place – a bow tie is the perfect way to stand out in a sea of dark suits and neckties
- On a date – preferably a sport bowtie on an evening date
And yes, bowties are still a great choice: